Friday, January 18, 2019

Deepika Padukone on rejecting a film because of pay parity: I know my worth

deepika padukone photos
Deepika Padukone recently opened up about pay parity in the Hindi film industry, and how she has been demanding equal pay for equal work. The Chhapaak actor was speaking at the launch of The Dot That Went For A Walk. The book is about 51 real women heroes and has one chapter on Padukone.
The actor said, “Today in films, there is no lack of opportunity. The kind of films and the place of a woman in these films have changed a lot. And, of course, the pay. I would like to speak for myself. I have been able to bridge the gap, in terms of what my male contemporaries get paid versus what I am getting paid.”
Deepika Padukone, who turned 33 a few days ago, recalled a recent incident where she refused to be part of a film as she was offered less remuneration only to accommodate the male lead.
please, like and subscribe to our youtube channel policy-related issues...
please, click here...



No comments:

Post a Comment

'Kabir Singh': Celebs papped at the special screening of the film

The much-awaited movie of Shahid Kapoor and  Kiara Advani   starter 'Kabir Singh' is released at the box office today. Yesterday,...