Friday, November 30, 2018

Kalkaji Mandir Hindu Temple


























The final temple making a trio of temples surrounding the Lotus Temple is the Hindu Kalkaji Mandir. It’s not a big tourist attraction, and mostly (at least when I was there) it’s a temple where locals go. The temple is dedicated to the Goddess Kali and is the site of many rituals that include singing and chanting.
When I was there, it looked like a number of babies were being dedicated. Not wanting to leave my shoes somewhere unattended, I stuck them in a plastic bag and carried them around with me, and nobody bothered me like at some other temples such as the Kalighat temple in Kolkata.
How to get there: Take the Metro to Kalkaji Mandir station and it’s just a 5-minute walk from there, it’s right across the street from the entrance gate to the Lotus Temple.
Hours: Tuesday – Sunday from morning until night, closed on Mondays
Price: Free

No comments:

Post a Comment

'Kabir Singh': Celebs papped at the special screening of the film

The much-awaited movie of Shahid Kapoor and  Kiara Advani   starter 'Kabir Singh' is released at the box office today. Yesterday,...