Monday, November 26, 2018

by Madeleine L’Engle






I’m a middle-grade fantasy writer who is also a doctor, but I don’t think I ever would have been brave enough to combine my love for words with my love for science if not for A Wrinkle in Time and its sequels. It was from these magical books that I learned that art and science aren’t necessarily separate things, but can twist around each other like strands of DNA, each enriching the other. As a writer whose Bengali-folktale-inspired fantasy series also draws from astrophysics, including string theory, I am grateful to L’Engle herself who said, “You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children.” A Wrinkle in Time taught me that there might not be that much separation between inner and outer space, that a part of finding the route to the stars might just be tracing the path to your own heart.

PLEASE, LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL POLICY-RELATED ISSUES...
PLEASE, CLICK HERE...

No comments:

Post a Comment

'Kabir Singh': Celebs papped at the special screening of the film

The much-awaited movie of Shahid Kapoor and  Kiara Advani   starter 'Kabir Singh' is released at the box office today. Yesterday,...